XPS M1530 At Dell UK
Total Cost: £880
- 1x M1530 Notebook with carry holdall, 1x Charger Pack, 1x AC Charger Cable, 1x 6/9 Cell Battery, 1x Dell Media Remote Control
- 1x Large leather wallet consisting of: 1x Instruction book, 1x Creative EP-630 headphones, 1x Cloth wipe
XPS M1530 Specs:
- 15.4-inch WXGA (1280 x 800) CCFL TrueLife Screen
- 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T7500 processor, 800Mhz FSB, 4MB Cache
- 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM
- 250GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD
- Slot-loading dual-layer DVD±RW drive
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR3
- Ethernet, 802.11a/g/n (Intel 4965)
- Internal Bluetooth
- Integrated 2.0MP webcam
- HDMI, VGA, S-Video, Firewire/1394, 3x USB 2.0 ports, 8-in-1 integrated media reader
- Biometric Fingerprint reader
- Media Center remote (housed in ExpressCard slot)
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Weight: 6.29 pounds with 9-cell battery
Over Christmas I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to buy myself a laptop! My previous one was a 1.6GHz Intel Centrino from Acer. It was a lovely beast, until I dropped it on a dumbbell in my bedroom and somehow killed the graphics card on it, which just happened to be integrated on to the motherboard that also died. It has to be said that I am no fan of Dell. I have my reasons and am surprised as hell with what they have produced here. Enough of the garbage, here are 10 reasons why I brought a new laptop!
- I had the money and wanted something to play with
- I need a laptop for when I return to part-time education in 2008 anyway.
- I am rather stupid.
- I need something that has Messenger on it so I can chat to the girlfriend, whilst I am tucked up in bed. Why not use a phone I hear you ask? Well because we run out of our free minutes rather fast. Why not text instead? Because for some reason she is blessed with ultra fast texting skills and it takes me 10 minutes to compose 2 lines of text on my Sony Ericsson w880i that was designed for humans with the fingers of a newborn child.
- Since I didn’t do much over Christmas/New Years, I am bloody loaded.
- It is a lot faster than the heap of crap PC I have at work, which has a measly 128MB of RAM and runs WinXP.
- It is robust and solid enough to hit stupid kids with on the bus. Good for protection it is.
- It pulls in the chick’s dude.
- Its screen is so shiny I can do my work whilst checking the state of my hair. (multitasking has reached new heights in my world)
- It looks stunning.